Skip to content Sitemap

Renters Insurance

We have always encouraged our residents to purchase a Renters Insurance Policy. Each home is covered with a Hazard Policy paid for by the property owner, but tenant’s items are NOT covered by this type of policy. In the event of a fire, flood, or break-in a tenant may loose all of their items with little recourse.  In multi-family situations, it can be especially tragic because fire and smoke damage can spread quickly to many units.

We are proud to announce that it is now much easier for our residents to purchase Renter’s Insurance. They can do so through a link on their Fowler & Fowler, REALTORS Tenant Portal.

Tenants in single and multi-family properties can now purchase a renters insurance policy with Roost Renters Insurance through their Online Portal. Tenants are not required to purchase a policy with Roost, but we’ve provided a simple and convenient option if they don’t already have a policy.

Renters insurance covers the tenant’s personal property (including laptops, furniture, electronics, appliances, clothes, bikes, etc.) if they’re damaged or stolen.

Renters Insurance covers items lost or damaged in events such as:*

Weather related: Fire, wind, snow, hail, lightning, freezing, ice
Non-Weather related: theft, vandalism, malicious mischief
*Please refer to your tenant’s actual policy for a complete list of losses that are covered and not covered. Some categories of personal property coverage have a maximum dollar limit. Actual coverage options and prices may vary by state and location.

Additional Coverage Options (options vary by state):

Water backup of sewer and drains (included by default, tenant cannot opt out)
Other additional coverage options offered based on tenant’s location
Liability Coverage: Renters insurance includes $100,000 in liability coverage for the named insured.

For more information on this new feature

Or sign in through your tenant portal at

Posted by: Fowler & Fowler, REALTORS on February 26, 2018