You have decided to move from your current home. The security deposit you paid when you first moved in, could come in handy in your new move. To insure a fair and prompt return of your Security Deposit, we offer the following suggestions:
- Check your lease or contact your landlord if you have any questions regarding a required notice to vacate.
- Pay all utility bills due for services and have all utilities discontinued.
- Vacate the Premises and remove all trash and debris from inside and outside of the premises to include storage buildings, crawl spaces, and attic.
- Vacuum carpet and sweep floors.
- Wash all light fixtures and replace bulbs if necessary.
- Wash down walls and switch plate covers as necessary.
- Dust all baseboards and windowsills.
- Wash inside of all windows and glass doors.
- Clean all appliances furnished to include stove, oven, drip pans, vent hood, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Clean out all cabinets and drawers to include removing any shelf paper/liners.
- Wipe down wooden cabinets- we recommend using ammonia and water.
- Clean tub and shower walls.
- Clean toilet and lavatory, medicine cabinet.
- Sweep and mop floor.
Please remember to fasten and lock all doors and windows, and return your keys to your landlord as soon as you have vacated the premises. Rent does continue until you turn in keys – this shows that you are giving possession of the property back to the owner.
For Fowler & Fowler, Realtors’ customers, a copy of this form is available at our office or we can email it to you. As always, you can refer to your lease for additional information or just give us a call.